Scituate Friends of Music
a 501(c)(3) organization that supports all of the Scituate Public School Music Programs in Grades K-12. SFM is made up of parents, teachers, students, and community members who support quality music programming.
We chaperone field trips, volunteer for musical events and exchange concerts, as well as handle publicity and fundraising to benefit all music students. Our past fundraising efforts have allowed us to purchase musical instruments, sheet music, classroom equipment, workshops, and materials for the Kindergarten through Grade 12 music programs.
We need your participation at any level! If your child participates in a music program at any of the schools in town, you are already a member of SFM. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and to be involved with your child's music education. Meetings are usually the first Tuesday night of each month, and posted to the right.
- New tuba for the High School
- Theremin for the High School
- Wampatuck - Band Kit
- High School - Workshops & materials
- Cushing/Hatherly/Jenkins/Wampatuck - Grade 3 Boston Lyric Opera field trip to Duxbury 2010
- High School - Musitek scanner & software
- Jenkins - Alexis amplifier
- Cushing/Hatherly - Cardioid Condenser Microphones
- 6th Grade Jazz Band - all elementary schools
- High School Disney Trip support
- All Schools - Roland RD-700SX weighted digital piano
- Cushing/Hatherly/Wampatuck School - Band supplies
- 5th Grade (all schools) Performance Kim & Reggie Harris
- High School Band Tascam recorders
Many Thanks to:
Steve Donovan for donating a guitar to Gates
Adam Culbert & the Midnight Collective Band for their donation